POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters (PoseRay development) : Re: Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters(PoseRaydevelopment) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters(PoseRaydevelopment)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Jul 2003 18:04:08
Message: <3f21a958$1@news.povray.org>
In article <MPG.198b4d77e17bd15e989842@news.povray.org> , Patrick Elliott
<sha### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:

> In any case, if POV-Ray won't read them, then it is because it is not
> asking the file system to use the name properly, not because the name is
> invalid. And it literally "can't" be a unicode name, since he obviously

> are NULL + Letter and you can't 'ever' have a NULL value in a file name.

I am still undecided whether I should recommend some sleep or you are on
drugs.  There is neither head nor tail to what you are writing.  I don't
even know how to respond to this in a meaningful way!?! :-(

> Something is going wrong here, but it is not the fault of the underlying
> filesystem, though it might be something in between the two.

Nothing is wrong outside your head.  Note that I am not saying anything
about the inside of your head, I don't think I would want to look in there
;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde